Losing your job is tough. It's even tougher when you have a mortgage and you have no savings or other support system. You may even risk losing your house. With Haventree Bank, things are different:
According to The Globe and Mail* (Link Below), it doesn't have to be that way.
"Haventree has launched a first-of-its-kind program in Canada called NextJob. Essentially, it is designed to help people who have lost their job find new work.
"Why would a bank pay for a borrower's job seeker program?
- This program creates positive word of mouth, good reviews, and referral business.
- Customers helped by a business tend to stick around. “The average tenure of that customer increases when they go through NextJob,” Wilfred Pande, vice-president of mortgage servicing at Haventree That generates higher mortgage-renewal revenue.
- It’s also a good way for Haventree to keep expenses down. “It helps us [economically] by having the customer stay in their homes.” That’s because of the many administrative costs of taking someone’s home, some of which are not recoverable.
- There can be other financial benefits for a lender. A mortgage forbearance agreement, in which a lender agrees not to foreclose if the borrower meets the lender’s terms, could mean that the mortgage doesn’t show up in the lender’s bad loan statistics.
- Plus, it's the right thing to do!
Homeowner reemployment helps banks retain customers, build new relationships, and ultimately keep people in their homes.
How does it work? Coaching, software, and webinars.
A Personal Trainer for Your Career
A job coach is like a personal trainer for your career. Your coach calls will help you:
- Craft and fine tune a resume, 30 sec. commercial, social media profile, etc.
- Choose a career direction to best tap their talents and background
- Stay focused, accomplish goals and interview with confidence
All You Need to Know in One Spot, Online
Tools and exercises to help be prepared, including a resume builderIt takes a lot. Job boards, social media sites, resumes . . . Our system gives you:
- Today’s networking tricks to tap the 50% of jobs that are “hidden”
- Guidance to the top job boards and how to use them
Downloadable Weekly Expert Webinars
Each week tune in to our JobTalk webinars for a deep dive in a key topic:
- Hear experts discuss best practices and leading trends you need to know
- Participate in group learning, share and hear from others
- Download recordings to listen to on demand